1. I can't hear the radio very well; could you turn it up a bit?
2. We invited her to dinner but she didn't even bother to turn up.
3. He turned up his coat collar against the chill wind.
4. Investment is turning up sharply.
5. I'm sure your watch will turn up one of these days.
6. He's still hoping something (eg a job or a piece of good luck) will turn up.
7. The farmer turned up a human skull while ploughing the field.
8. The soil had been turned up by the plough.
1. the lap consisting of a turned-back hem encircling the end of the sleeve or leg
1. appear or become visible; make a showing
同义词：come on, come out, surface, show up
2. bend or lay so that one part covers the other
同义词：fold, fold up
3. discover the location of; determine the place of; find by searching or examining
4. be shown or be found to be
同义词：prove, turn out
5. find by digging in the ground
同义词：excavate, dig up
1. You should have had enough sense to turn off the electricity supply before disconnecting the wires.
2. Please turn off the electric power.
3. Turn off the switch when anything goes wrong with the machine.
4. Do you mind if I turn off the light?
1. something causing antagonism or loss of interest
同义词：turnoff, negative stimulation
2. a side road where you can turn off
1. cause to stop operating by disengaging a switch
同义词：switch off, cut, turn out
2. make a turn
3. cause to feel intense dislike or distaste
turn on: [ tə:n ɔn ]
1. She's often turned on by men with beards.
2. Why are you all turning on me (ie criticizing or blaming me)?
3. The success of a picnic usually turns on the weather.
4. The discussion turned on the need for better public health care.
5. Jazz has never really turned me on.
6. His normally placid dog turned on him and bit him in the leg.
7. He asked me to turn on the radio for him.
8. He forgot to turn on the radio and thus missed the program.
1. something causing excitement or stimulating interest
1. cause to operate by flipping a switch
2. be contingent on
同义词：depend on, devolve on, depend upon, ride, hinge on, hinge upon
3. produce suddenly or automatically
4. become hostile towards
5. cause to be agitated, excited, or roused
同义词：agitate, rouse, charge, commove, excite, charge up
6. stimulate sexually
同义词：arouse, sex, excite, wind up
7. get high, stoned, or drugged
同义词：trip, trip out, get off